MapleChaos Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MapleChaos- Where noobs own!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

There was a brief inquiry into the accident.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
heroisthai

There was a brief inquiry into the accident.  Empty
PostSubject: There was a brief inquiry into the accident.    There was a brief inquiry into the accident.  EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 2:37 pm

"It was my fault," Amy told her father. "We were playing ball, and Tracy ran after the ball and told me to wait, but I climbed up on the wall so I could see her better and I fell in the water. But Tracy saved me, Daddy."

They kept Tracy in the hospital that night for observation, and the next morning she was taken to Warden Brannigan's office. The media was waiting for her. They knew a human-interest story when they saw one, and stringers from UPI and the Associated Press were present; the local television station had sent a news team.

That evening the report of Tracy's heroism unfolded, and the account of the rescue went on national television and began to snowball. Time, Newsweek, People, and hundreds of newspapers all over the country carried the story. As the press coverage continued, letters .and telegrams poured into the penitentiary, demanding that Tracy Whitney be pardoned.

Governor Haber discussed it with Warden Brannigan.

"Tracy Whitney is in here for some serious crimes," Warden Brannigan observed.

The governor was thoughtful. "But she has no previous record, right, George?"

"That's right, sir."

"I don't mind telling you, I'm getting a hell of a lot of pressure to do something about her."

"So am I, Governor."

"Of course, we can't let the public tell us how to run our prisons, can we?"

"Certainly not."

"On the other hand," the governor said judiciously, "the Whitney girl has certainly demonstrated a remarkable amount of courage. She's become quite a heroine."

"No question about it," Warden Brannigan agreed.

gourmet olive oil
Architect Melbourne
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1