MapleChaos Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MapleChaos- Where noobs own!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

John Smith was carried back to the settlement

Go down 
AuthorMessage
heroisthai

John Smith was carried back to the settlement Empty
PostSubject: John Smith was carried back to the settlement   John Smith was carried back to the settlement EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 1:52 pm

John Smith was carried back to the settlement. He knew he had to return to England in order to survive. Yet, as he lay on his stretcher waiting for the Susan Constant to be prepared for the voyage back to England, he kept hoping Pocahontas would come to see him one last time. Finally, he saw her at the edge of the clearing. Behind her were Powhatan, Nakoma, and the rest of the village.

The Indians had brought corn and blankets for the settlers. Cautiously, they approached and began to hand out their gifts. Just then, Meeko, Flit, and Percy arrived together as friends. They carried Pocahontas’s broken necklace, now repaired, which they lovingly placed around her neck.

Full of hope, John Smith asked Pocahontas to return to England with him. She looked at Smith and then at her father and Nakoma. She knew she must choose her own path, but she also knew she had to stay and try to keep the peace between her people and the settlers. Her tears gave John Smith the message: She would not go with him. "Then I will stay with you," he said. But Pocahontas gently told him he must leave. "No matter what happens, " she reassured him, "I will always be with you. Forever."

Pegboard Displays
commercial wind power
Back to top Go down

John Smith was carried back to the settlement
Page 1 of 1